Old Testament – Psalms and Wisdom Literature WT-EM-PKM2
- The Book of Psalms: authorship, date and place of origin; main theological themes
- The Book of Psalms: analysis of the Psalms: 1, 2, 22, 23, 110, 114
- Terminology of wisdom, the wisdom traditions in the Ancient Near East
- The Book of the Proverbs: general considerations, main themes, analysis of Prov 1 and 8
- The Book of Job: general considerations, main themes, analysis of Job 1-2
- The Book of Qoheleth: general considerations, main themes, analysis of Qoh 1 and 3
- The Book of Sirach: general considerations, main themes
- The Book of the Wisdom: general considerations, main themes.
(in Polish) Dyscyplina naukowa, do której odnoszą się efekty uczenia się
(in Polish) Grupa przedmiotów ogólnouczenianych
Learning outcome code/codes
Type of subject
By the end of the course students should:
1. know basic terms and concepts of the Book of Psalms and wisdom literature in the Old Testament in their historical, literary and theological context.
2. be able to show the most importance theological problems in the Book of Psalms and in wisdom literature and to do the exegesis of some selected texts.
3. assess the value of some different proposals in the exegesis and choose the best way of the interpretation of the biblical texts.
J.S. SYNOWIEC, Wprowadzenie do Księgi Psalmów, Kraków 1996
J. SYNOWIEC, Mędrcy Izraela, ich pisma i nauka, Kraków 1990.
S. POTOCKI, Rady Mądrości. Przewodnik po mądrościowej literaturze Starego Testamentu (Jak rozumieć Pismo Święte, 5), Lublin 1993.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
- Theology: Coaching and social mediation specialty
- Theology, specialization: teaching - catechetical
- Theology - full-time master studies
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: