Business Texts in Practice WH-FP-SP-I-2-TeksBiz
During the course, the student will become familiar with the essence of creating and editing texts used in the business sphere (including commercial offers, marketing materials, PR notes, CVs, cover letters) as a special type of written communication about persuasive chatrakter. In addition to the theoretical introduction, students will receive practical guidance for the analysis and interpretation of the above-mentioned types of utility texts, the factors affecting the effectiveness and correctness of building these types of texts will be analyzed. The issues discussed in class will focus on several key issues, listed in the "Range of topics" section.
(in Polish) Grupa przedmiotów ogólnouczenianych
Learning outcome code/codes
Type of subject
The student will have knowledge of the rules for creating business texts, visual and linguistic conditions for the construction of a commercial offer, PR notes, leaflets, text on the company's website, and at the same time will acquire the ability to critically analyze these types of texts. In addition, he will have the skills of editing popular utility texts, as well as creating persuasive texts.
FP1_W05 - knows at the extended level the terminology of the humanities in the field of studied specialties and / or specializations
FP1_W09- has ordered general and detailed knowledge of the specialties studied
FP1_W19- knows modern methods of analysis and interpretation of the subject work, in accordance with the specialties studied
FP1_U09 - is able to communicate in Polish, in speech and writing, using various communication channels and techniques, in accordance with the principles of grammar and language culture, and adequate to the communication situation
FP1_U10 -has a well-developed ability to prepare written work in Polish on language, literature and culture, using advanced theoretical approaches and information from traditional and electronic media
FP1_K01- is aware of the level of his knowledge, understands the need for learning, personal development and participation in culture throughout his life, can inspire others
FP1_K02- can interact and work in a group, undertaking various tasks
FP1_K03 - can adequately define priorities for the implementation of the task specified by him or others
Can effectively interact in a team and on
brainstorming principle implement entrusted
30 hours - active participation in exercises
15 hours - preparation for exercises (writing, editing several texts)
10 hours - preparation of own topics for specific issues and presentations
15 hours - preparation in the group for public presentation of the project in class.
- 2 (insufficient) - the student does not demonstrate knowledge of basic genre features of marketing, commercial, advertising and PR texts
- 3 (sufficient) - the student has basic knowledge of the most important genre features of marketing, commercial, advertising and PR texts;
- 4 (good) - the student has knowledge of the most important genre features of marketing, commercial, advertising, PR texts and is aware of the type of tools used to create these types of texts
- 5 (very good) - the student has knowledge of all the genre features of marketing, commercial, advertising, PR texts and is aware of the type of tools used to create and transform this type of text into other business texts
- 2 (insufficient) - the student is unable to determine the type of marketing, PR, commercial text
- 3 (sufficient) - the student can indicate the basic features that differentiate genres of texts, but cannot write any marketing, PR, commercial or advertising text;
- 4 (good) - student independently creates and edits basic marketing, PR, commercial and advertising texts
- 5 (very good) - the student freely creates and edits any texts of a marketing, PR, commercial, advertising nature,
Assessment methods in the area of knowledge: oral answers during classes, confirming the knowledge of reading.
Assessment methods in the area of skills: discussion in class, oral presentation of the literature and the tutorials presented by the teacher
Assessment methods in the area of social competences: continuous assessment, consisting of: ability to work on a group project, presentation of the project to the public, critical and analytical attitude towards projects of other groups.
(for specific classes - reading agreed with the teacher)
1. Bańkowska E (red), Practical stylistics not only for Polish speakers, Warsaw 2003
2. Bralczyk J, Language for sale, Warsaw 1996.
3. Drygalski Z, Rozniarek J, Letters and utility letters, Warsaw 2005
4. Kotler P, Marketing, Warsaw 2005
5. Lewiński P.H, Rhetoric of advertising, Wrocław 1999.
6. Michalak P, Woźniak J, The art of writing persuasive texts, Warsaw 2008
7. Rybak K, Woźniak A (ed.), Texts and biosnes, Warsaw 2008
8. Wojtak M, Stylistics of applied texts - selected issues [in:] Language-theory-didactics, Greszczuk B (red), Rzeszów 1999
9. Zaśko-Zielińska M, Majewska-Tworek A, Piekot T, The art of writing. Utility text guide, Warsaw 2008
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: