Life strategies of organisms WB-BI-41-29cw
1. Physiological and endocrynological mechanisms of the adaptation of organisms to the environment. Interspecific interactions. Evolutionary arms race
2. Evolution of virulence in pathogens, parasites and parasitoids. Behavioural ecology of parasitoids
3. Life history strategies of specialists and generalists. Life under extreme conditions. Strategies of invasive species
4. Energy budgets. Evolutionarily stable strategies. Individual based modelling. Strategies of carnivorous plants.
5. Cryptic coloration. Mimetism and mimicry. Optimal foraging theories..
6. Sexual and asexual reproduction – costs and benefits. Habitat selection. Territorialism. Migrations of animals.
7. Graphical presentations on assigned topics.
(in Polish) E-Learning
(in Polish) Grupa przedmiotów ogólnouczenianych
Learning outcome code/codes
Type of subject
1. Edmunds M. Defence in animals. 1974. Longman.
2. Helfman. G. S. 2010. The diversity of fishes. Wiley-Blackwell.
Knowledge of basic biology.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: