Life strategies of organisms WB-BI-41-29
1. The concept of the individuals. Trade-offs. Life histories of organisms.
2. Foraging strategies. Food selectivity of animals.Strategies of predators. Defence against predation – prey strategies.
3. Reproductive strategies. Mating systems. Parental investment. Parental care in animals.
4. Biocommunication. Ethology of social animals.
5. Strategies of aquatic organisms.
(in Polish) E-Learning
(in Polish) Grupa przedmiotów ogólnouczenianych
Learning outcome code/codes
Type of subject
1. Alcock J. 2013. Animal Behavior. Sinauer Associates, Inc. Publishers.
2. Begon M. 2012. Ecology. From Individuals to Ecosystems. Blackwell Publishing.
3. Royle N. J. 2012. The evolution of parental care. Oxford University Press.
4. Wilson E. O. 1979. Społeczeństwa owadów. PWN.
Basic knowledge of botany, zoology and ecology.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: