Selected Problems of Contemporary Work Education WNP-PE-SPE
Scope of subjects:
1. Basic categories of labour pedagogy – human labour, qualifications and professional competencies, profession (2h);
2. Transformations in type, content and organization of work. Flexibility as new structural quality (3h);
3. Educational activity in the context of the flexible employment model-new challenges (4h);
4. School and non-school system of vocational education vs. expectations of employee (4h);
5. Models of the course of professional career development. Educational aspects influencing managing one’s career (2h).
Symbol/Symbole kierunkowe efektów uczenia się
Student receives profound knowledge on human development, especially in terms of predicting professional usefulness and modern educational systems, advisory activities for people who need support in dealing with adult life problems;
Student has well arranged knowledge about the goals, organization and functioning of labour market institutions and institutions realizing the scope of continuing vocational education;
Student has profound abilities to observe, search, name, register and monitor information on educational and social problems;
Student is able to cooperate with others, work in a team;
Student acquires profound awareness of his/her knowledge and skills and realizes the need for continuing personal and professional development within his/her specialization;
Student is convinced that it is preferred and necessary to conduct professionally and follow the principles of professional ethics, self-development, undertaking various roles regarding the labour market and education facilities, including these for adults.
ECTS [1 ECTS = 25 (30)h]:
- participation in classes - 15h
- preparation for classes, readings - 75h
- preparing the project - 80h
- student consultancy projects - 5h
Total: 175 godz.
Methods for verification + symbol effect in the path of studies syllabus:
- Study project: Modern problems in the world of labour and education
(NP2_W06, NP2_W10, NP2_U01, NP2_U12, NP2_K01, NP2_K05);
- Plenary discussion (NP2_W06, NP2_U12);
- Active participation in seminar (NP2_U01, NP2_K01).
1) Study project - 60 points
2) Plenary discussion - 20 points
3) Active participation in seminar - 20 points
60-67 p. - 3,0
68-75 p. - 3,5
76-83 p. - 4,0
84-91 p. - 4,5
1. Bauman Z., Work, Consumerism and the New Poor, Open University Press, 2005.
2. Beck U., A Risk Society. Towards a New Modernity, SAGE Publications, 2005.
3. Burke R. J., Cooper C. L., (ed.),The Long Work Hours Culture: causes, consequences and choices, Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, 2008.
4. Drucker P. F., Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2007.
5. Giddens A., Sociology, W. W. Norton, Incorporated, 2001.
6. Knowles M. S., Holton III E. F., Swanson R. A., The Adult Learner, Sixth Edition, Elsevier Inc., 2005.
7. Kulpa-Puczyńska A., Teachers of Polish Vocational Schools vs. Changes in the Model of Employment and Organization of Work. Study Report , “Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences Journal”, Vol. 141, 2014.
8. Tapscott D., Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing Your World, McGraw-Hill, 2008.
1. Cartney P., Adult Learning Styles: implications for practice teaching in social work, "Social Work Education", Vol. 19, Number 6, 2000.
2. Deloitte, Future Leaders. First steps into the labour market. International survey of students and graduates Central Europe, 2015.
3. European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (EUROFOUND), New Forms of Employment, 2015.
4. European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (EUROFOUND), Telework in the European Union, 2010.
5. Espinoza Ch., Miller P., Bateman C., Garbett C., Millennials@Work, 2014.
6. Kulpa-Puczyńska A., Career Management Determined by Flexible Model of Employment. Educational and Professional Implications, “International Journal on New Trends in Education and Their Implications” (IJONTE), 2014 , Vol. 5, Number 3.
7. OECD & European Communities, Career Guidance. A Handbook for Policy Makers, Paris 2004.
8. World Economic Forum, Future of Jobs Report. Employment, Skills and Workforce Strategy for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, January 2016.
Dodatkowe informacje (np. o kalendarzu rejestracji, prowadzących zajęcia, lokalizacji i terminach zajęć) mogą być dostępne w serwisie USOSweb: