Konwersatorium pedagogiczne w języku angielskim na poziomie B2+: Selected problems of modern labour pedagogy WNP-PE-OG-1
Scope of subjects:
1. Basic categories of labour pedagogy – human labour, qualifications and professional competencies, profession (2h);
2. Transformations in type, content and organization of work. Flexibility as new structural quality (4h);
3. Educational activity in the context of the flexible employment model-new challenges (4h);
4. School and non-school system of vocational education vs. expectations of employee (3h);
5. Models of the course of professional career development. Educational aspects influencing managing one’s career (2h).
Grupa przedmiotów ogólnouczenianych
Symbol/Symbole kierunkowe efektów uczenia się
Student receives knowledge on human development, especially in terms of predicting professional usefulness and advisory activities for people who need support in dealing with adult life problems;
Student has well arranged knowledge about the goals, organization and functioning of labour market institutions and institutions realizing the scope of continuing vocational education;
Student has abilities to observe, search, name and register information on educational, professional and social problems;
Student is able to cooperate with others (also experts and institutions), work in a team, present his/her views;
Student realizes the need for continuing personal and professional development within his/her specialization.
ECTS [1 ECTS = 25 (30)h]:
- participation in classes - 15h
- preparation for classes - 18h
- preparing the project - 15h
- Student consultancy projects - 2h
Methods for verification + symbol effect in the path of studies syllabus:
- Study project: Modern problems in the world of labour and education
(NP2_W12, NP2_W14, NP2_U03, NP2_U10, NP2_K01);
- Work in teams (NP2_W14, NP2_U10; NP2_K01);
- Individual evaluation of sources (NP2_W12; NP2_U03);
- Active participation in conversation classes (NP2_U10, NP2_K01).
Students must attend at least 80% of classes to pass the course.
1) Study project - 40 points
2) Work in teams - 10 points
3) Individual evaluation of sources - 30 points
4) Active participation in conversation classes - 20 points
60-67 p. - 3,0
68-75 p. - 3,5
76-83 p. - 4,0
84-91 p. - 4,5
1. Bauman Z., Work, Consumerism and the New Poor, Open University Press, 2005.
2. Beck U., A Risk Society. Towards a New Modernity, SAGE Publications, 2005.
3. Burke R. J., Cooper C. L., (ed.),The Long Work Hours Culture: causes, consequences and choices, Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, 2008.
4. Drucker P. F., Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2007.
5. European Commission, Key Competences for Lifelong Learning, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2019.
6. Knowles M. S., Holton III E. F., Swanson R. A., The Adult Learner, Sixth Edition, Elsevier Inc., 2005.
7. Tapscott D., Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing Your World, McGraw-Hill, 2008.
8. Vincent-Lancrin S., Jacotin G., Urgel J., Kar S., González-Sancho C., Measuring Innovation in Education: A Journey to the Future, OECD Publishing, 2017.
1. Cartney P., Adult Learning Styles: implications for practice teaching in social work, "Social Work Education", Vol. 19, Number 6, 2000.
2. Deloitte, First Steps into the Labour Market. International survey of students and graduates. Central Europe, 2018.
3. European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (EUROFOUND), New Forms of Employment, 2015.
4. Espinoza Ch., Miller P., Bateman C., Garbett C., Millennials@Work, 2014.
5. Kulpa-Puczyńska A., Career Management Determined by Flexible Model of Employment. Educational and Professional Implications, “International Journal on New Trends in Education and Their Implications” (IJONTE), 2014 , Vol. 5, Number 3.
6. OECD & European Communities, Career Guidance. A Handbook for Policy Makers, Paris 2004.
7. Paniagua, A., Istance D., Teachers as Designers of Learning Environments: The Importance of Innovative Pedagogies, Educational Research and Innovation, OECD Publishing, 2018.
8. World Economic Forum, Future of Jobs Report. Employment, Skills and Workforce Strategy for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, January 2016.
W cyklu 2021/22_Z:
Preliminary requirements associated with conducting the subject:
Dodatkowe informacje (np. o kalendarzu rejestracji, prowadzących zajęcia, lokalizacji i terminach zajęć) mogą być dostępne w serwisie USOSweb: