Archaeology of Roman Empire WS-AR-ASR
Workshops intend to the archaeology of Rome and Roman Empire "ab urbe condita" until the reign of Constantine the Great. During the workshop we shall focus on following problems: Villanova and Etruscan cultures, beginning of Rome, Roman army and military camp,
architecture of Republic and Empire, especially with problems of Roman house, insula and villa, fora, temples, arches and columns, Roman sculpture, paintings and mosaics, Roman crafts and pottery.
Learning outcome code/codes
Student knows and understands basic terms conserning archaeology, student owns systematic knowledge about archeology of Rome and Roman Empire, student manages to find and avaluate informations using different sources, student manages to write simple, formal text concerning archaeology of Rome, student manages to prepare presentation and lecture it.
1 ECTS - presence during the workshops, join in discussion
1 ECTS - prepariing the paper
In total 2 ECTS
1. Ziółkowski, A., Historia powszechna. Starożytność, Warszawa 2009
2. Ziółkowski, A., Historia Rzymu, Poznań 2005
3. Marrou, H.-I., Zmierzch Rzymu czy późna starożytność. III-IV wiek, Warszawa 1997
4. Sadurska, A., Archeologia starożytnego Rzymu, t. 1-2, Warszawa 1975
5. Nowicka, M., Malarstwo antyczne, Warszawa 1984
6. Elżbieta Makowiecka, Sztuka Rzymu, Warszawa 2010
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: